Harrow Diabetes Strategy Implementation Group
Harrow CCG has a Diabetes Strategy Implementation Group in place. The group aims:
- To increase the percentage of diabetes patients that have achieved all the NICE-recommended treatment targets
- To increase the percentage of people with diabetes diagnosed less than a year who attend a structured education course
- To reduce the foot amputation rate
- To reduce the length of stay for in-patients with diabetes
- To increase the number of referrals to the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme
The Harrow Diabetes Strategy Implementation Group has a membership that includes patient representatives, a lay member, providers and commissioners, as well as a local Harrow Diabetes Lead Clinician. The group meet bi-monthly in the year.