Inspection of Special Educational Needs and Disability in Harrow (1-5 July 2019)
The SEND inspection is a joint area review involving Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission. It looks at partnership working and integration across Harrow’s education, health and social care services to identify how well we are working together to meet statutory requirements and responsibilities for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
How does the inspection work?
The inspectors meet with children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities, parents and carers, representatives from the Council and CCG leads. The inspection will review a range of information about the performance of the local area, including the local area’s self-evaluation, performance data and evidence about the Local Offer and joint commissioning.
The inspection focuses on three key areas:
- The effectiveness of the local area in identifying children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities;
- The effectiveness of the local area in assessing and meeting the needs of children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities;
- The effectiveness of the local area in improving outcomes for children and young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Co-production working with children young people and families underpins the SEND reform agenda and as such is the golden thread throughout the inspection.
There are several ways in which parents and carers can share their views in the inspection process:
- The inspection will include an online recorded webinar to allow Harrow’s parents and carers of children with SEND to contribute. The webinar will take place from 12 noon on Monday 24 June 2019 until 11:59pm on Tuesday 2 July 2019. Parents and carers who would like to take part in this webinar can follow this link to register.
- If you would like know more about the inspections and help with the online link, please visit the Harrow Parent Forum’s drop in session on Friday 28th June from 10.30-12.30 at KCA, Artillery Place, Chicheley Road, Harrow, HA3 6QJ.
- The Harrow Parent Forum is also organising a special coffee morning for parents to meet with the inspectors on Tuesday 2 July, from 11.15am - 1pm. If you would like to share your experiences at this meeting, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07928 577689.
- Parents and carers can email their contributions to Lasend.email@example.com