Living with diabetes
If you are living with diabetes there is a lot that you can do that will help you to take control of your diabetes and avoid problems. Your GP can support you to do this.
You can help manage your diabetes by:
- Taking your medication and insulin properly
- Maintaining a healthy weight – this will help control your blood glucose level
- Eating a healthy, balanced diet
- Stopping smoking
- Staying active
- Checking your feet every day
- Going for regular check-ups
The Know Diabetes programme is here to help everyone affected by diabetes in North West London. Whether it's signposting you to the best help, eating more healthily or checking yourself – Know Diabetes can help you make small, practical changes that boost your health and wellbeing.
Find out more about: